Downloading to Your Sony Reader Daily Edition (PRS-300)
Here are step-by-step instructions on how to get digital content on your Sony Reader Daily Edition PRS-950. Have questions? http://plsinfo.org/ebook-help
Step A. How to Check Out an EPUB or PDF eBook
Using your personal computer (not a library computer) with an Internet connection:
- Visit the eBook section at http://plsinfo.org/ebooks to find a bookClick on the desired eBook
- Click on the link in the library catalog Connect to this resource online you will now be redirected to the new Overdrive collection site
- Click Add to Cart
- Click Proceed to Checkout
- Enter library card number and PIN
- Click Confirm Checkout
- My Bookshelf will display with your book
B. How to Download to Your PC
This device has its own software called Reader. It does not use Adobe Digital Editions.
Visit http://ebookstore.sony.com/download/ to get Sony Reader software.
- Download the eBook to your hard drive
- Connect your Sony Reader Daily to your computer using the USB cord provided with your device
- An icon will appear in a window on the device that will install Reader
- Run this installer and when it is done, open the program
- The window will pop up and show what is in the Library. Your EPUB file will be here.
Step C. How to Transfer from Your Computer to Your Sony Pocket Book Reader Edition
- Connect your Sony Pocket to your computer with the USB cable that came with your device
- At this point, you should see the Library and what is in the list
- Left click and drag the book from the right side to the left pane showing your Sony Pocket device
- Click the Safely Remove Device option found in the lower, right corner
- After the Safe to Remove Hardware message displays, unplug your Sony Pocket from your computer
Step D. How to Begin Reading on Your Sony Reader Daily Edition
- When the eBook has been downloaded and the device disconnected from the computer, the eBook will be on the Home screen
- Press on the icon of the eBook to begin reading
- The downloaded book will remain in the Digital Editions folder on your Sony Reader.
- Purchased items will show on the Books screen.
- When the OverDrive content expires, you will need to manually erase the eBook.