I can't pay my mortgage/credit cards - where can I get help?
211 San Mateo County – Operated by United Way of the Bay Area
211 in San Mateo County can help you find food, housing, health care, senior services, child care, legal aid and more. 211 is free, confidential, multilingual, and available 24/7. If you are facing a challenge or need social service information, call 211 today. Can’t dial 211?
Call 800-273-6222 or visit 211BayArea.org
Mortgage payment help
Federal Reserve Board of Governors-
Provides consumers with information regarding foreclosure scams
HUD - US Department of Housing & Urban Development-
Summary of various federal government homeowner assistance programs
Provides assistance to homeowners in financial distress.
HUD-approved counseling agencies in California:
General financial advice, Credit card help & debt counseling:
- Debt consolidation & counseling Debt Consolidation Guides: http://www.debtguides.org
- Personal finance and investing analysis, advice and tools: http://www.smartmoney.com/personal-finance/debt/
- Credit scoring, credit reporting and credit cards: http://www.credit.com/products/debt/
- Credit card rates & tips: http://www.bankrate.com/brm/rate/cc_home.asp
- Consumer Credit Counseling Service of San Francisco: https://www.cccssf.org