In the Classic Catalog, Preferred Searches (or New Item Alerts) can send you an email alert when a new item is added to our catalog that meets your interests. You can set up alerts for new items by format, location, favorite authors, titles, subjects, etc. To set up a Preferred Search:
- Log in to your library account.
- Run a search for the type of item you want to be notified about (e.g.: an author search for “Rice, Anne”).
- At the top of the search results page, click on the “Save search to get new item alerts” button.
- Go back into your library account and click on the button for “Preferred Searches.”
- Check the box in the “Mark for Email” column and click “Update List.”
- You will now receive email notification every time one of our libraries adds an item matching your search criteria. There is a limit of 50 New Item Alerts.
In BiblioCommons, the New Item Alerts function is not available.